Sunday, November 9, 2014

We Might Live Like Never Before


I have always been a fan of sunsets. Before all you morning people get in a tizzy-Sunrises are great too but I am a self-professed non-morning person, so sunsets just naturally became my favorite. For me a sunset is this magical moment when time stops, you can enjoy the fact that another beautiful day is coming to an end. It's all beauty, and cotton candy clouds, and Gods majesty boldly on display in a fire colored sky. It's also a promise. Saying to us, this day is over and maybe you didn't get it right, or you missed something important, but tomorrow is another chance. Sunday afternoon sunsets are particularly my favorite. I've been at the beach with Stunner and his family this weekend & I vowed to myself that as long as I was here- I wouldn't miss a sunset. I've been privy to several. It has been so special to sit on a piece of driftwood on a cold beach & find myself after a long hectic week and watch the sun set on another day. It always makes me reflective yet so so grateful. You see life is brutal & beautiful. As my sweet Glennon would say it's brutiful. And it is. It so is. We all make mistakes, we all have faults, we all struggle, and I'm learning to remember that I need to be gentle with other people's shortcomings. I get 168 hours every week to show mercy & to bless people. 168 hours to walk humbly with those around me. 168 hours to love and to forgive. 168 hours to live my life. And I don't always get it right- unfortunately most of the time I don't. But that's the beauty of it- the sun sets and for about 15 minutes I adore the majesty of it and then it starts over. The cycle starts again. YOU GET ANOTHER CHANCE!!! We all have the same amount of time to do our lives. We all get the same chances to start over. I am especially grateful for the starting over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment