"In the morning it comes, heaven sent a hurricane. Not a trace of the sun but I don't even run from rain.
Beating out of my chest-my heart is holding on to you, from the moment I knew." -Sara Barielles
I have been dreading today for the last 5 months. Today is Adams birthday. It's crazy, I don't loathe the second of the month as much anymore. But this day, the day he entered this world, is different. I have walked around for days feeling like I would suffocate under the weight of this day. I think about it like this: I was so blessed to have him for two years. To celebrate two birthdays with him. To celebrate him. His life. And to celebrate his life is not without remembering his death. That is hard. I miss him everyday. I think about him often. I am sad that there are a million earthly experiences he'll never get to have.
I am so ever grateful for the things I have learned through this. Things I needed to learn & experience. I learned to be selfish in my experience of grief. I learned to seize every moment you have with the people you love. Take lots of pictures. Tell people how you feel when you have an opportunity. I am still learning how to let go. To love and to let go.
So I say happy birthday my friend. I miss you more than words. I'm proud of you and I love you. We'll be eating cupcakes and sushi in your honor tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment