Friday, March 8, 2013

You're Hot Then You're Cold

There are times that I need to remind myself that being single isn't a curse-that this freedom that I have now, won't last forever. So today I'm going to write myself some reminders about how to be completely fantastic in life, whether dating or not.
So ladies, here you go. I'm letting you in on my reminders and tips in no certain order!!!
-Be Comfortable. In who you are. In where you are. In what you do. In what you wear. I literally cannot stress this enough. It's the foundation of everything you do & if you're uncomfortable all the time, you won't get very far. For instance right now I am wearing a really uncomfortable pair of jeans. I don't know why- well actually I do, I need to do laundry. BUT I say all that to say- it makes me insecure when I'm not comfortable & when I'm insecure all I can think about is putting on stretchy clothes and laying on the couch and watching Parenthood.
-Be Yourself. reminds me of the Oscar Wilde quote: "Be yourself everyone else is already taken." Ladies it's TRUE!!! I will be the first person to tell you, I LOVE fashion magazines. But I also know what my body is capable of & short of removing both lungs, stomach, intestines and my entire butt- I WILL NEVER BE A SIZE ZERO!!!!! & I am completely and totally ok with that. I could stand to be healthier, but "skinny" will never be my goal. Take those fashions & styles & tweak them into your own. Learn what works for your body. Be comfortable (see above if you still don't know how to do that!) Also Find something you love & be passionate about it. What makes your heart smile? What could you do for the rest of your life? Think about it! Work toward it! Don't fall into the trap of changing to attract or get close to someone. it.never.works. One day you'll forget that Joe Schmoe doesn't like onions (you've been avoiding them for weeks because of this) you'll go to dinner eat a million onions & BAM! you've now outed yourself. Be yourself, if you want to eat onions, eat them! Bottom line- Don't change who you are for a guy. Just don't do it, okay?
-Stop Having a Public Fit About Being Single. I will admit I still struggle with this sometimes. It's one thing to be with your girlfriends with a glass of wine after a romantic movie and complain that you want a guy to come pick you up on a lawnmower or in a stretch limo or on a white horse. It's an entire new ballgame when you take that complaining to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and even Pinterest. (yes, you! with your "secret" boards!!) Complaining is still complaining even when no one hears or sees it!! AND guess what that cute guy that's Facebook stalking you... he sees it & it's a complete turn off.
-Don't Date to Date. Lets have an honesty moment. Girls go from sitting down to dinner with a guy & ordering an appetizer to being married by the main course. Ladies- THAT'S NOT REAL LIFE!!! Control your thoughts. Not every guy you go to dinner with will you go to dinner with again- for sure you won't get married to him!! Chill the flip out!! If a guy asks you to dinner, or a movie, or bowling, or mini-golf that's okay. Go. Have fun. Enjoy not paying for dinner for once- but keep your emotions in check. Just be yourself. Don't talk about marriage, or wanting 16 kids, or the fact that you have 7 cats. Ask questions. engage. Be all in. PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY! Ask about what their favorite color, band, place they've visited, what the craziest thing they've done is. Talking will go away if we don't continue to do it.
-Know Whats Going On. Watch the news. & No E!News doesn't count! Pay attention to whats going on in the world. This is a good habit to be able to hold a conversation on a date/dinner party/social situation. This is a good habit to have as a Human! Our generation relies too much on social media & not enough on News Media.
-Enjoy Your Freedom. Guess what!?! If you want to get on a plane and go to Paris, or London, or Bangkok, or Rio De Janeiro- YOU CAN. You just get a ticket and go. You don't have to coordinate schedules. Or worry about someone having a fit because your not there. You're free to roam. Embrace that freedom.
Live your life now. It doesn't start when you start dating or when you get married. It's Happening NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment