Monday, April 1, 2013

Upon The Waters

Today is April Fools Day.

I started today with a quote: "Trust no one today & believe nothing that is said."
April Fools is a big deal for some people, practical jokers and comedians alike.
I am gullible & will believe most anything within reason. Many people have gotten me really good-so many times, I always outright trust that they are telling the truth.

I will trust others but I can't trust myself.

Trust is such a huge issue for me. I struggle more in my Christian walk in that area than anywhere else. Which is sad because its all about trust and faith and hope and mercy and love. But I'm saying more so that I don't trust myself. I am flesh and bone with a spirit inside of me that just longs for home- and this broken and bruised earth isn't it. And too many days I let the fear of the wrong decisions haunt me. I doubt. I worry. But in the same breath I am begging God to take me deeper. To call me into something mysterious and wonderful. To give me this great and mighty testimony to live. But my trust issues come creeping in. I get stuck. I get scared. I'm Peter. I'm totally Peter.

But as I think back to Easter. To the Power that is mine because of Jesus' sacrifice. My hope is renewed. My faith increases. My trust becomes firm instead of wavering. God has never failed me. His promises are true. He walks beside me.

I know that I can step out of the boat. That He is trustworthy and true. I am His daughter. He loves me and wants greatness for me. So if He calls me down the street or to the ends of the Earth I walk in the power of His resurrection and His sovereignty. He will never lead me to something He hasn't equipped me for.

In His presence my faith is made stronger and ultimately complete. And it all starts with the trust to make that first step. My feet may fail me- but I took the step.

He is there. He is ready for my doubt. Even my failures. He assures me He is in control. And I stop and look and realize that I am continually living out the story God has written for me and it all hinges on my trust in Him. I know His ways are just and true and right. And I continue to walk out upon the waters. Wherever He leads I follow. Oceans deep and rivers wide- I'm out upon the waters.

I am His & He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment