Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Holiness Doesn't Live in the Microwave

I have a friend who got a new microwave this week and she sent me a photo on Sunday morning of a seriously complicated piece of equipment & her caption said- "I just want to warm up a muffin!" And I laughed, because I'm the girl who gets out the manual & reads all the instructions & knows exactly which steps to follow to get a desired result! But my friend she's kinda a fly by the seat of her pants person, and she just figures it out by trial & error & you know what-she didn't get to eat a muffin, she ate a breakfast burrito instead, BUT she was totally happy about it!! And here's another thing about me- after all my planning if it goes wrong & I don't get the desired result I have a fit! We (I, ME) are living in a microwave generation. We want what we want, when we want it, as fast as possible! 
This week God has ever so gently (because He pours out more mercy upon my life than I possibly deserve) reminded me that no matter what it is that I want, I ultimately want it on HIS timetable! All too often I don't trust, I look heavenward & shake my fists and demand that God give me a reason why I don't have the things I so desperately want. 
This week I realized that it is in those exact moments that I must posture myself in worship. That I should worship until the praise bursts forth, because it's in those moments that I am closest to the heart of God. And if I can't praise Him in the difficult times, how can I praise him fully in the times that are without trials. It's in that desperation of praise that the spirit of God moves & shakes off the warped views of what I want & what I think I need & my focus shifts to the holy righteousness that brings forth peace, joy, gentleness, and the never failing promises of my CREATOR!! He is never shaken, He doesn't give in to my whims, He moves in His own plan & His own time- and it's perfection. The perfection of a creator who placed every star in the sky, the perfection of a savior who sacrificed everything to redeem me, the perfection of a father who loves me unfalteringly. His perfection is sovereign & it blows me away. 
So in the mean time-I'll just be over here worshipping & praising & being thankful that God calls me gently and mercifully into His Glory!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment